Sales Account Manager at Kaiser Permanente in Denver, CO
You will be redirected to Kaiser Permanente's preferred application process.
Sales Executive/Account Manager II
DescriptionSalary Range: $30.58/hour - $35.96/hour.
Accountable for achieving sales goals and strategic objectives by cultivating new client relationships and closing sales and retention, increased membership, and the sale of new products and services for existing accounts. Initiates and maintains mutually beneficial business relationships in order to achieve membership, revenue and margin targets. Creates and executes a business plan that positions KP to optimize our opportunities across the book of business in the assigned territory. Develops and implements marketing/account/book of business strategies and sales plans which enhance Kaiser Permanentes position in the market. Develops a culture of collaboration and accountability between sales, account management, pricing and other key internal partners. Essential
* Develops sales opportunities and executes account and/or book of business plans to achieve membership goals Leads the development and execution of Strategic Account Plans to ensure attainment of book-specific goals.
* Develops ongoing member enrollment and sales strategies to achieve growth targets.
* Meets or exceeds assigned retention and growth targets for existing accounts in assigned Book of Business.
* Positions the organization competitively to ensure optimal membership attainment, growth and to protect against losses.
* Uses pricing and products to anticipate and to create opportunities for growth which may include effective use of the revenue investment funds or other alternative options to support business targets.
* Identifies, capitalizes and close on cross sell opportunities.
* Presents issues to executives in the form of a business case, which assesses membership and financial impact along with other relevant factors.
* Sell with right rate, product benefit mix and conditions of offering in compliance with KP policy and procedures and federal and state law.
* Complete analysis of sales strategies and communicate lessons learned and future strategies.
* Develop and present finalist presentations, coordinating the various teams and resources. Sales Strategy & Planning
* Collaborates with stakeholders to develop and execute territory and account management sales plans and strategies.
* Identify, qualify and assess prospects.
* Leads the account/sales team in prioritizing and targeting accounts/sales agencies, developing specific account/sales plans, and directing daily activities to achieve goals.
* Proficiently manages all aspects of the regional renewal process including administration functions, negotiations and customer presentations.
* Obtains, utilizes and accurately analyzes key competitive data for management in a timely manner that facilitates achieving desired account and sales results.
* Identifies and analyzes current industry and competitor trends, and applies knowledge of marketplace to account planning processes.
* Identifies and coordinates marketing, management and technical resources to achieve existing account sales plan objectives.
* Collaborates with pricing to implement an ongoing, proactive rate renewal strategy, as applicable.
* Provides strategic recommendations to the design of new products, benefits offering, or pricing models that will address customer needs.
* Provides analysis and makes recommendations to help facilitate senior leaderships involvement in strategic plans.
* Strengthens KPs competitive position in the marketplace.
* Anticipates implications of industry trends and KP changes and proactively engages brokers/consultants about issues that impact their business.
* Maintain accuracy of prospect database and targeted prospect profiles and strategic sales plans. Sales Partnerships
* Develops partnerships to continuously improve our business relationships with our customers to optimize the growth potential in each territory/account.
* Collaborates with internal partners/Manager to maintain positive relationships with external stakeholders.
* Builds and maintains broker and/or channel partnerships to increase business potential.
* Initiates and leads territory/account specific strategy development with internal departments.
* Consults with customer channels on all components of their health benefits strategy/offering. Sales Execution
* Develops and executes account plans to ensure attainment of specific goals.
* Actively engages in enrollment meetings.
* Attend targeted industry conferences, representing KP regionally within the assigned territory. Reports back to the enterprise key findings, perceptions.
* Develops and executes demonstrations and training to teach employers and brokers KP online technology to maximize all KP online tools.
* Proficiently leverages use of supporting staff to optimize sales execution and time management between membership and employer focused activities.
* Continuously monitor performance against plan adjusting as market and KP imperatives dictate. Manage Implementation Process
* Identify and communicate broker needs and expectations to other departments to ensure a high quality customer experience.
* Work with systems to ensure renewal activities and administrative issues are coordinated on behalf of the account and respective consultant/broker.
* Ensure accurate enrollment processes.
* Review and resolve outstanding broker and customer issues.
* Minimum of three (3) years of experience in sales, account management or health plan administration.
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience in the health care industry.
Education* Bachelors degree in marketing, finance, business administration or related degree OR four (4) years experience in marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships.
* High School Diploma OR General
EducationDevelopment (GED) required. License, Certification, Registration
Requirements* Experienced in meeting individual business objectives.
* Must meet all state and federal licensure, as applicable, as dictated by regional requirements.
* Continuing education as required by specific-state Department.
* Outstanding customer service skills with the ability to articulate and respond to highly complex issues.
* Advanced computer and analytic skills, including experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases, required.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
* Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills required.
* Effective account management skills.
* Expertise in handling difficult client issues related to health plan services, policies and procedures.
* Complete understanding of and experience with employee benefits.
* Knowledge of health care industry, understanding of current/future trends and changes in laws/regulations.
* Knowledge and understanding of competitors strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
* Continuing education as required by specific-state Department of Insurance.
Preferred Qualifications* Previous experience which demonstrates the ability to work with employers, consumers, consultants, local and interregional brokers preferred.
* Three (3) years experience in strategic planning dealing with issues of complexity preferred.
* Three (3) years experience working with senior-level managers and demonstrating progressively increasing responsibility for relationship management and consultation preferred.
* Three (3) years experience in underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts preferred.
* If Labor and Trust: one (1) year experience managing labor and trust relationships. Primary
Location: Colorado,Denver,Regional Office
- Colorado Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM
Job ScheduleFull-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation:
NUE-CO-02|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: Waterpark II - Grp Reltn
- 1608 Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. Load MoreClick here for additional requirements >Share This Job*#06022021
You will be redirected to Kaiser Permanente's preferred application process.